Six great confusions still unresolved
1. At a movie theatre, which arm rest is yours?
2. In the word scent, is "S" silent or "C"?
3. If humans evolve from monkeys, why are monkeys still around?
4. Why is there a 'D' in fridge, ...
but not in refrigerator?
5. Who knew what time it was when the first clock was made?
6. If pro and con are opposites, wouldn't the opposite of progress be...congress? The Prince of the World
Vagaries of English Language! Enjoy!!!
- Wonder why the word funeral starts with FUN?
-Why isn't a Fireman called a Water-man?
- How come Lipstick doesn't do what it says?
- If a Vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a Humanitarian eat?
- Why are goods sent by ship called CARGO and those sent by truck SHIPMENT?
- Why is it called 'Rush Hour' when traffic moves at its slowest then?
- How come Noses run and Feet smell?
- Why do they call it a TV 'set' when there is only one?
- What are you vacating when you go on a vacation?
I can never find the answers, can you?